Friday, January 8, 2010

I lied...

OK.... I forgot to blog the following day but cut me some slack! New Routines are hard!!!
So, here I am. Back to the Weight Watchers grind. I used my Borders gift card that I got for Christmas and bought myself a couple of books; One of them is called Hungry Girl. Now, there is a Hungry Girl website that I have not visited yet because I have had my nose buried in this cookbook. It's awesome. Low points, Low calorie, low fat, lots of flavor and EASY TO PREPARE!! Also, the things that I have made so far, the family actually ENJOYS!!! That is a win win!
So, Thursday is weigh-in day for me at WW. I LOVE my meetings. I LOVE my leader, Pam. I LOVE my friends there. However, yesterday's weigh-in was +4.4lbs! I don't LOVE that. THAT IS THE WRONG DIRECTION! I can't blame anyone (except maybe my mom!). All the crap food that has been brought over in the past month has been SO tempting and just sits there and I can't waste it. But, now I am sick of the crap food. I tossed out full, unopened boxes of candy and cookies a couple of days ago. I kept one large unopened box of Granite State Candies that I will bring with me to a party tonight. And, I think they are soft-centered candies which are not my favs so I am not tempted. (Unless there is a caramel filled one in there.... then I will umm.... no no no.... I won't. not worth it. I'd rather have a glass of wine.) I will be losing weight before I head to Orlando in March.
Now, I am also a coupon queen. Yesterday I messed up a couple of deals but was too overwhelmed with my life to fix them so I'll just let it roll. However, I did score 4 boxes of free tissues and 20 more boxes of tissues at .49/each. Why so many?? Well, we are a family of 8 and it's winter.... I have a college daughter who needs to bring a stockpile of stuff back with her next week... and the school district in Concord apparently doesn't budget in facial tissue so I sent several boxes that way. I also sent a few boxes to my neighbor who was home with a sniffly 3 year old and challenged me. She was kidding but hell, I was running out of storage for all the tissues. :)
Today is the day that I will fix the Little's (my 4 and 8 year old girls) closet and organize their room a bit better.
So, I swear I am will be a better blogger. Not sure why. I guess it helps to get this stuff out of my head.
Now, I have a 4 year old crawling all over me so I guess my time here is done. :)

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment