Monday, August 10, 2009

16 days!

SCHOOL STARTS IN 16 DAYS! My favorite commercial ever is the Staples one where the dad is dancing through the aisles to "it's the most wonderful time of the year!" while his kids just stand there. This is exactly how I feel! The summer has been LOOOOOOOOOOONG to say the least. We haven't gone on a family vacation this summer due to budget constraints and Kaleigh is off to college in 2 1/2 weeks. Are the kids on my nerves? Of course! 'Tis the season! Am I on their nerves? Of course! I told them that would happen at the beginning of the summer. I also told them that if they didn't go to camp, they would be bored. Guess what? I was right! and now they want to go to camp..... too late, people. Next year you are going no matter what!
On the upside, we have definitely bonded with out most recent family addition, Brian. We have seen everyone's good, bad and ugly side this summer.... more than once! We are all still here!
I am also on a "pitching" spree. I have pitched so many articles of clothing, stuffed animals and un-essentials from this house in the past week. Not exactly thrown out, since that actually costs me money to do now with the purple bags.... they have gone to assorted places like Goodwill, Salvation Army and Ch. II Thrift Shop. I spread it out because there is so much of it, it would be unfair to inundate ONE place with my chaos. I have MUCH more to sort through. I haven't even STARTED with the downstairs yet! Or my own bedroom! I really to rent that dumpster and throw everything out and start over. I will refurnish with Ikea. :) I just love it there.... if you haven't been, you gotta go. It's a full day's trip there and wear your sneakers!

I hear a 4 year old crying (fake crying)... better check it out.....

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment