Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day - O! Daaaaaay - O......

Forgive me, for it has been a week since my last blog. I was sick..... then the husband...... then one son..... then one daughter..... then BAM! THREE at once..... one little indian left who hasn't gotten the vicious sniffles. THEY ARE VICIOUS! Not sure what the deal was with this cold but it was killer and not much keeps me down. This knocked me down for two days straight, and I am still not completely better but you know the rule; "MOMS CANNOT BE SICK!" It simply is not allowed. I do not understand this rule. Don't get me wrong; I don't enjoy being sick but how come no one tucks me in or waits on me when I'm sick? I still hear "MOM! I'M BORED!! CAN I HAVE $20 TO WASTE?" "MOM! WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER?" "MOM! I NEED SCHOOL CLOTHES! LOTS OF THEM! MAKE SURE THEY ARE FULL PRICE RETAIL AND NOT ON SALE!"
This makes me insane.
For the littlest indian, the 4 year old, she has been able to dodge the cold however, it was brought to my attention that she was exposed to the chicken pox. Yes.... her little friend has been vaccinated and caught them anyway. The two week incubation period brings us right into the first week of school, of course! We'll see but as my luck goes, we'll have the "birdy things".
I would like to also share something gross... this past weekend we went to Water Country. Us and everyone from Massachusetts, I believe. I have never seen it so crowded. There was a waiting line to get in the wave pool!! Anyway, Sara and I were partners so I took her on the kiddie stuff and the lazy river (my personal favorite... I could stay on that all day!). One of the kiddie pools has an octopus water slide in it. Sara was LOVING that! I saw one little girl (2 yrs old maybe) with her overzealous mom in an almost exploding diaper; not a swimmy one, a regular one. If you are a mom, you know what those things look like water logged. SO, I asked one of the lifeguards what the rules were on diapers in the pool? I was completely ignored. Not five minutes later did I notice poo near me in the water....more and more as I looked. The lifegaurd saying "please move away from this part of the pool". GROSS ME OOUUUUTTTT! How about "GET OUT OF THE POOL! GRAB A BRILLO AND SCRUB DOWN YOUR SKIN AND YOUR CHILDREN!" Bathe in the Purel!!! I wanted to vomit. I soon saw a couple of my teenagers who had been awarded entry into the wave pool. They said the water tasted like sweaty human! eww. and ewww. SO..... I am thinking there better be a whole lotta pool shock going into the water at Water Country or people all over New England are going to be suffering from cholera!
Alright... a good note. School begins next week! My kids are relatively healthy and safe. The dishes are done for the moment and dinner tonight is potluck at church so no dinner dishes at home! yay! It's the little things that keep me happy!

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment