Wednesday, August 26, 2009

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

Well, not really. It is for a few of them, but not all of them. Here's the crazy breakdown: Full day started today for Kara and Brian.... half-day for Ben...... no school for Sara, Philip or Kaleigh. Tomorrow, Full day for Kara, Ben, Brian and Philip...... Kaleigh goes to college on Saturday. Sara starts afternoon preschool next Wednesday SOOO, I am enjoying today however, Next Wednesday is truly my favorite day fo the year! :)
I have figured out that this year I will have at least one child in each school from preschool to college. That is sick and twisted and a LOT of fundraisers that I will have to deal with. Not to mention parent/teacher conferences. So please, do NOT ask me what cluster my kids are in, as I will always say "8-1" no matter what.
Today we realized that Kara has one pair of shoes that fit. Barefoot in the summer is one thing.... they frown upon that at school. So, one more shopping excursion and we should be good for a while. School shopping for and WITH 6 kids can be somewhat of a nightmare. I went to the mall with 5 of them on Monday. I giggled a bit because the only people at the mall were moms with 3 plus kids with them. The line at Burger King was very very long. I told the kids that we were getting 2 pairs of pants each and 4 shirts, MAX! They stuck with it. No one argued back. Hooray! Mission accomplished. I am sure They will all grow in the next 4-6 weeks and I'll have to shop again but this time, I will shop alone. ;)
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment