Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MUST check this out...SAVE MONEY!

http://bargainbecky.blogspot.com/

Run.... do NOT walk... to this website if you happen to live in the NH area. I have had repeated requests asking HOW I scored so much food last week and paid a fraction of the shelf price. I REALLY should have taken a pic of it all. Seriously, I paid about 15% of what it was all worth(which ws about $350worth, so I spent about $45), that is working the sales and the coupons and whatever other deals are going on! Of course, there are the people who say "coupons are never for anything I can use!". Here's how I clip coupons.... if I wouldn't mind getting the item for FREE, then I clip it. I make Food Pantry donations regularly of overflow items I have been able to score. Usually that is toothpaste(I had to PAY for toothpste couple of weeks ago for the first time in TWO YEARS and it almost killed me), toothbrushes, cereal and soup. Sometimes other stuff. Today it was diapers. Yes, folks. Diapers. I can't stand to think of the poor babies sitting in dirty diapers because their parents cannot afford them.

There is a good canned veggie deal at Shaw's this week with a printable coupon on the Shaw's website. http://www.shaws.com/ 5 cans for $3.00 and the coupon is $1 of 5 so 5 cans of veggies for $2. This is a great deal if you use canned veggies. I do not BUT that didn't stop me from buying 15 cans for the food pantry and printing of several coupons to share with others to do the same since our local food pantry is in dire need of canned veggies.

Another favorite money saving site for me is http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

Keep your eyes peeled or Thanksgiving deals! Turkeys have been at .48/lb. in years past so stock up if you have a freezer!

Kellie

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOD Kellie, this is stressing me out. I have got to wrap my tiny little brain around this. I get totally frustrated and then I'm just like FECK! and throw all my coupons in the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THROWING COUPONS AWAY???!!!! ACK! ITS FREE MONEY!!!! DOn't get frustrated. Try the Grocery Game. No frustration needed. They give you a list and do all the frustrating stuff for you. (aside from the shopping!) but its a game! WInning is super fun, Corey! But alas, I don't want you to stress out.... but saving sweet moolah is really fun!

    ReplyDelete