Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wow.... time flies..

I have no blogged in a while! It's not because I haven't had anything to blog about, trust me! I have been completely overwhelmed by life and all of it's wonderful "wrenches". It won't go into them. Just know that the mere fact that I am here is amazing.
Since my last blog, my youngest son turned 13, my oldest daughter turned 18 and I turned 37! This is the week (all birthdays within 6 days of each other) is lovingly called "Birthday Hell Week". Mine is the last of the bunch and by then, I am done with cake, decor, singing, presents, etc.
What did I get this year? I asked or a table with 4 legs and got the "ok" to go and get it! See..... our dining table HAD 4 legs attached and now has three. This happened 4 months ago (On graduation day, no less!). We have had the table up against the wall with the unattached kickstand leg holding it up. DON'T LEAN TO HARD ON THE TABLE! Or breathe or that matter.... anyway, I had made my first trip to Ikea over the summer and found my future table. The closest Ikea to me is an hour 45 minutes away so I need to plan at LEAST a half day trip to get the table (and seating, of course!). Possibly this coming Friday, but I do not like to plan this ar in advance as I KNOW anything can happen within the next 6 days to mess it all up! I am SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to my table!
What else did I get for my birthday? Cash.... which I am putting towards the seating for the table and possibly a new hanging lamp shade or OVER the table. I also got a Snuggie! My 6 year old insisted to my husband that I desperately needed one! Guess what?? It's pretty warm! :) The college kids are swooning.
What else is going on over here? Lots, but nothing I can really blog about. Life is crazy.... I am trusting that I am supposed to be exactly where I am and that there are NO ACCIDENTS OR COINCIDENCES. I am supposed to learn from this rough patches. I think I am, but I also feel my heart hardening a little bit. My mom assures me that the hardening will go away after the rough patch has passed....... I'm trusting that as well...

Kellie

1 comment: