Thursday, October 29, 2009

No swine flu here! A LONG LOST POST!!

SO yesterday Kaleigh called me from school (111 miles away) crying uncontrollably. It took a few minutes to get her calmed down enough for me to understand anything she was saying.



Hold the phone...... Let me back up a minute. Kaleigh called my cell. I heard it ring but I was cleaning the basement. I did not answer it. A few minutes later it rang again so I ran up the stairs to get the phone. I missed that call as well. It was the church. I was about to listen to the messages when the cell rang AGAIN. THIS time it's Kaleigh. While I was calming down Kaleigh, Robin calls (but I don't answer b/c I am calming down Kaleigh) Why is this part important? Well, they are all connected. Kaleigh called my cell; no answer. So she calls church. Carolyn tells her I am not there. Carolyn calls my cell and leaves a messge to call Kalegh. Carolyn ALSO calls Robin to see if she knows where I am. Robin calls me. I don't answer. Robin calls Phil. All the while I am talking to Kaleigh.

Back to the story.....



Kaleigh finally calms down enough to tell me that she has a sore throat and blacked out on her way to class. I calmly tell her she is going to be fine and she needs to go to the nurse. SO, she and her roommate go to the nurse.... where they are tested or H1N1. Kaleigh tells me it is a LONG swab that goes up your nasal passage and down to your throat.... sounds LOVELY. Her other college friends refuse to go to the nurse now because they do not want to be tested. WHo can blame them!



The nurse tests her and her roommate AND SENDS THEM BOTH HOME! So now I travel 6 hours in the car to spread the germs from Vermont to New Hampshire. The test results come back just as I am getting to SVC and it's negative or H1N1. Does she still need to come home? Yes. Don't get me wrong... we LOVE Kaleigh! Just not her germs. :)

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment