Monday, February 15, 2010

"MEN ARE WAYYYY BETTER THAN WOMEN!"

This was tonight's dinner discussion. The teenage boys were talking about how they are the better species..... "Look at the sports world! We could totally take you in anything! Look at celebrity chefs! Way more of us there! Your favorite rock bands are ALL GUYS! WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN WOMEN IN EVERYTHING!!" and laughing about it. I know... I should not buy into this type of discussion.... I should pretend they are not even talking BUT, I couldn't help it. I tossed out a couple of examples like how women actually give BIRTH to the species, and behind every great man is a GREATER woman (who puts up with his nonsense!) and how men's brains aren't completely wired right and how they start to deteriorate as they age, etc. To no avail. They believe men do not need women and they are the dominate species, etc, etc, etc. SO, I am here to ask for your help. I have said "wow. Since I am no longer needed here, let's try this..... you are on your own this week for meals and laundry." After this, my 13 year old came to my side (I told him that I had cookies... my reason being that without girls, there are no girl scout cookies! That was good enough for him!). Does anyone else have any suggestions to humble my teenage boys? Other than thumping them on the noggin, that is.....

Kellie

2 comments:

  1. stop driving them around. stop scrubbing the tiger stripes out of their boxers. stop making dinner. stop giving out free hugs. stop buying shampoo and condish and toilet paper. stop propping them up. stop asking how they are doing. ok so none of that will work. keep letting them think they are the best. WE KNOW THE TRUTH!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, we asked Phil when he got home about Men being better and he said..."You are better. You have boobs." so, competition over.... women rule.

    ReplyDelete