Thursday, July 16, 2009

*sigh* it's summer....

My brain is swirling with the nonsense that engulfing my life. I know, I know.... I have very little to complain about. I have a roof over my head, we can afford to feed the family, we have six awesome kids, tons of friends and family whom we adore and are grateful for every minute of every day. So... what in God's name is my problem?!
The small stuff..... I sweat small stuff. The house has fungus growing on the roof, the carpet upstairs is original to the house (30 years ago!), I have 6 kids so all my furnishings are disposable, there are very few shows, movies or things to do that will make all the kids, ages 4-17, happy at the same time, 6 kids, 36 different directions, there is ALWAYS mount washmore waiting for me and it is never conquered and now one of my best friends in the world has me waking up at 5:00am everyday to WALK!
I love you Robin.... I will adjust to the 2 hours less sleep I am getting. It's great excercise, great company, and we get to start our days by getting all of our brain clutter out of our brains!
It's good.
Laundry? No resolution to that other than the kids need less clothing. Right now, everyone has clean underwear.
Good enough.
Finding stuff to make the kids all happy? They need to self-soothe and entertain themselves sometimes. I can't be totally responsible. Right now, they are all home, PLUS two of the grilfriends are here as well. They seem content and they know the rules... NO GROSS PDAs (public displays of affection)... among other rules however, they still like it here? weird...
This is good.
The house is not a castle by castle standards. It, too, is disposable. When we asked our recent family addition why he would want to be at THIS house, it's a wreck.... his answer.... "because you guys love me."
This is very, very, very good and makes everything else we are doing, not doing, failures and triumphs well worth doing.
:)
See you bright early, Robin!

Kellie

1 comment:

  1. Kellie this is good, to vent or not to vent that is the question the answer is always yes!!!!!!! we can do it yes we can :)

    ReplyDelete