Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

So, after I blogged yesterday, I went to find my keys to take Kara (8 y/o) to an appointment and could not find my keys! They were locked IN THE VAN! Phil had his keys with him in Burlington, MA, where he works. SOOOOO, I was stranded home with my six kids PLUS my nephew (15 y/o boy!). I was able to catch my mother inlaw before she left the house to take me and the littles to Kara's appointment. THANK YOU, MEME! Then, it was home...... *sigh*
Don't get me wrong; I like being stuck home sometimes. It forces me to catch up on cleaning and all the mundane stuff that I really hate doing and try to put off. SO, I got home...... the trash guys and recycling guys came. If you live in Concord, you know that we now have a Pay As You Throw trash/recycling...errr... thing here. I thought I did pretty good but the BestWay trash guys didn't think so (again! week 2...ugh). They took my recycling, no problem. My trash can had a big sticker on it saying my trash wasn't separated, which they are right. I tossed my full purple bags in the can, and then cleaned out my car and threw that on top of the purple bags in the can. Result? They didn't any trash! The worst part? The bottom bag was leftover from LAST weeks's trash and was all gross and maggoty! SOOOO, I had to rebag the car trash and double bag the maggoty one because it was smelling up the neighborhood. Lots of fun..... since I was playing with the trash anyway, I rinsed out the empty cans and let them air dry. Then, it was off to one of the many dumps on my property; Philip's room (he's 16).
I went armed with a recycling box and a trash bag and a hamper. Surprisingly, lots of recyclables and not much trash... lots of laundry though.... not sure all of it was actually dirty but his room was starting to get "funky" so it had to be done.
After all that fun, I took the littles to the city pool. That was nice! The girls had fun, and I actually read a magazine! hooray!
Softball game last night..... we lost... but we had so much fun. I just love to play. We play on a interdenominational church league in the area. My 15 and 16 year old boys play and my husband and I play. My boys are always shocked at the fact that I usually know what I am doing when it comes to sports. :)

OK.... now I have to plan today... work in the morning.... lunch with Grandma Kathryn.... something, something and something else....

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment